Academic instruction is a critical component of any student’s success at T.C. Harris. The treatment plan encompasses the planning and implementation of a student’s development in the areas of gross and fine motor development, social-emotional learning, leisure skills, language and communication skills, functional living skills, and development of traditional academic skills in all curriculum areas. Instructional planning emphasizes the teaching and application of these skills in a more functional sense where they will be most useful for the child and foster independence.
MyPath Schools' Mission
MyPath Schools provide innovative learning environments that acknowledge and focus on individual learning styles and strengths to cultivate equitable learning and promote independence. We fulfill this mission by . . .
- creating a belonging environment that is safe, respectful, equitable and welcoming for students and staff,
- acting as an integral part of the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Team to design services focused on academic, behavioral, and social-emotional development,
- embracing family and community as critical stakeholders,
- supporting a collaborative focus on data driven student-centered practices, and
- fostering educational excellence through the use of high leverage instructional practices in collaboration with environmental and sensory supports.
MyPath Schools' Vision
MyPath Schools support the academic and social-emotional growth of every student every day to foster a successful transition to each student’s local school and community.
Our Education Team
The T.C. Harris Education Team consists of highly qualified and experienced educators, certified by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Education Leadership: Education Director, Two Assistant Education Directors, Two Education Coordinators.
- In Classroom: Special Education Teachers, Teacher Aides, and Education Support Professionals.
- Education Support Professional: Provide additional support for staff and students.
- Speech Pathologist and SLPA: Our Speech and Language Pathologists target student’s IEP goals in the areas of speech, language, social communication, as well as support residential and school teams on an as needed basis.
- Occupational Therapists: Occupational Therapists target student’s IEP goals in the areas of sensory and emotional regulation, life skills, self-cares, functional and vocational skills, and other daily activities, in order to help support student’s unique needs, minimize barriers to accessing their education, and promote independence.
- Day School Case Manager: offers case management services to our day school students.
Individualized Education Program
Each student is formally assessed for educational abilities and current progress at least three times annually. An Individualized Education Plan (IEP) is generated annually which is designed to provide ongoing, individualized education through interventions prescribed to meet specific student needs. Progressing on IEP goals is completed every nine weeks.
Many T.C. Harris classrooms utilize 1:1 devices to support academic growth through technology. Teachers inspire excitement with learning and engagement by integrating technology into the classroom and daily instruction. Technology is integrated into the classrooms through the use of SMART Boards and Google Classroom. Student computer use is monitored in real-time by GoGuardian to ensure student safety and educational progress.
T.C. Harris Academy
T.C. Harris Academy is a free standing school located steps from our main campus. For more detailed information please click here.
T.C. Harris School
T.C. Harris school is located on our main campus. For more detailed information please click here.
Please click below to find a list of parent and family resources.
For more information about admission to T.C. Harris School & Academy, please click here.
For general information about education at T.C. Harris School & Academy, please contact us.